Friday, January 9, 2015

Should You Buy Your Next Gun At The Local Pawn Shop?

Well there's a question you likely haven't considered before, right?  I know, I didn't either until a new pawn shop opened up in my local area and I stopped in to see what they had to offer.  I was totally amazed at the selection of pretty much everything you can imagine.  Of course what caught my eye almost immediately was their selection of new and used handguns, rifles and shotguns.  They were securely displayed and the person that handled that part of the shop really knew his stuff.  Any and all questions I asked of him were answered in detail without hesitation.  I don't know where they found him but he was a goldmine of information.

Some of the used weapons I got my hot little hands on were not of great quality but certainly operable.  If you took your time to clean them and ensure that all the parts inside were okay and not totally worn out they would have been a good choice for a beginner.  Of course the selection of new handguns was what I was most interested in.  They had a very large selection of semi-automatics as well as revolvers all of which were popular at the time.  Some of them came with "extras" and as I'm always interested in getting more bang for my buck that's what I looked at the most.

I found the owner of the shop and he was an elderly gentleman that also knew his business inside out and backwards.  He told me that since his opening the largest part of their sales was in the gun department.  That of course didn't surprise me as in my area of the U.S. there are a lot of concealed carry folks that are always looking to update their equipment as well as wanting more and more information about how to carry a concealed weapon.

As I left him I gave him my card and told him I would share with my readers just how surprised I was at the available selection.  I never would have guessed that perhaps now my favorite gun shop is also my local pawn shop.  I encourage you to go to your local shop also and take a look at what they're offering.  Certainly there will be those that don't know their butts from a whole in the ground but there will be those that, like mine, will become your favorite Saturday afternoon hangout.


No comments:

Post a Comment